Friday, December 16, 2011

On to round 3

I got a positive opk yesterday afternoon and called the new place first thing this morning to get an appt.  It was a bit frustrating because they had to first reach the person on call to see when they could come in before they could schedule something.  Luckily I didn't have anywhere that I had to be today but I can see that maybe being a problem on a busier day.  Then again nothing about waiting for O and scheduling an IUI is ever convenient.  I had to take Mr. O with me because no one was around to watch him.  If I was still going to the fancy clinic I might have considering cancelling because the last thing I would want to do is parade him through the waiting room.  It wasn't a big deal at the new place because they are a regular practice so I didn't have to worry about it.

The midwife on call was very sweet and I barely felt a thing.  She said that everything was looking good.  I started to get killer O cramps later in the afternoon so I'm hoping that means that I got the timing right. 

Fingers crossed that the 3rd time is a charm.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Change can be good

After my November cycle ended with a BFN my RE wanted to get more aggressive and start monitoring and possibly some meds.  I wasn't ready emotionally or financially because honestly I wasn't worried that the first two cycles didn't work.  I asked around and made a last minute switch from the expensive big fancy clinic to a small ob office.  They do the IUI's for less than half the cost and maybe 2% of the hassle.  I wish I had known about them before because it would have saved me lots of money over the years.  If anyone near Boston wants the info just send me an email and I would be happy to share.

I had to go in for an initial consult with the Dr and to get a quick overview of how they work but that was it.  No blood work or hoops to jump through!  The office staff seemed very nice and working with a SMC is so not a big deal to them.  They see us all the time!

I decided to order just one vial because in addition to not getting stuck with any in storage I wanted to make sure that I'm going to stick with this new place.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Strike 2

SIGH!  and we are on to the next cycle.

I was planning on taking December off but once CD1 showed it's face I changed my mind. I'm trying to decide if I want 2 more vials or just go one at a time.  The advantage of 2 is that I can combine the crazy shipping cost.  I really don't want to be stuck with an extra vial WHEN this works and then have to either keep paying storage fees or let them pour the vial down the drain.  Ugh!  I'm trying to decide if in the end I'll be more annoyed about the cost of wasting a vial or the cost of the shipping.

I know that I could always donate or try to sell any extra vials but that could end up being a big hassle too.

Mostly I'm just really over this whole TTC thing.  I just  really really hate the whole process.