Friday, December 9, 2011

Change can be good

After my November cycle ended with a BFN my RE wanted to get more aggressive and start monitoring and possibly some meds.  I wasn't ready emotionally or financially because honestly I wasn't worried that the first two cycles didn't work.  I asked around and made a last minute switch from the expensive big fancy clinic to a small ob office.  They do the IUI's for less than half the cost and maybe 2% of the hassle.  I wish I had known about them before because it would have saved me lots of money over the years.  If anyone near Boston wants the info just send me an email and I would be happy to share.

I had to go in for an initial consult with the Dr and to get a quick overview of how they work but that was it.  No blood work or hoops to jump through!  The office staff seemed very nice and working with a SMC is so not a big deal to them.  They see us all the time!

I decided to order just one vial because in addition to not getting stuck with any in storage I wanted to make sure that I'm going to stick with this new place.

1 comment:

Tiara said...

The new place sounds great! hope it works out well & successfully!!