Thursday, June 20, 2013

Old friends, outings, upcoming posts and pets

I'm so happy to see updates from some fellow SMC bloggers that I haven't heard from in awhile. Welcome back Jo from All That She Wants  and Heather from MammaWannabe   I have missed you both!  I can't believe how big your little ones are now -  I remember when they were just two lines on a pregnancy test!

I finally decided on a stroller and I freaking love it!  I went with the Cit.y Mi.ni because it was roomier for Mr. O.  I used it today for the first time going in and out of a few stores and it was so much easier.  I didn't have to chase Mr. O around and it handled like a dream.  T the baby was loving it too since he had a better view than he usually does being trapped in the baby bucket.  It was beyond adorable looking down and seeing tiny baby toes peeking out.  

T the baby is going to be 11 months old tomorrow.  I really can't believe we are closing in on a year since his arrival.  I have the usual "waaahhh, my baby is a year old!" stuff going on all mixed up with still processing his dramatic birth and NICU stay.  I think you'll be seeing a few posts about that in the next few weeks because I think it might help to get it out. 

The boys now have pets!  Mr. O has been wanting a pet fish for weeks so we finally went and got some.  He picked out a pink fish tank and two mickey fish (one for him and one for his brother).  He named them after himself and his brother since they are friends.  They both like to watch them swimming around.

6 comments:

Gille said...

He looks so into it! I've been wanting to get my son a fish (have the tank) but nothing else. I may just have to let him choose one himself!

Tiara said...

& it's so good to see you blogging again too!

Billy said...

I second Tiara :-)

Laraf123 said...

I've promised my boys some fish for a while now. Just can't seem to make the purchases. Tank, filter, fish, etc. We have really bad water, and I'm afraid that no matter what I do I'll wake up to dead guppies. Still you've inspired me to take the plunge--just love that photo!

Heather said...

We have fish too!! But in all honesty, I've just been buying the little 28-cent feeder goldfish that really don't live very long. It's been a lot of fun though...K likes to yell out, "Bye, fishies!" whenever we leave the house, and she greets them again when we get home. I can definitely recommend goldfish as a low-cost, low-investment pet. :)

Jo said...

Sweet of you to "call out" my (albeit gradual) return. It's been great catching up with your life of the last year. So much respect for all you are doing!