Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sigh... it never ends or rather it never begins

Results are back and guess who has a high thyroid level? Yup, that would be me. I'm waiting for the nurse to call back and schedule more blood work. I haven't even begun to figure out what this might mean but I'm pretty sure it will mean more delays.

Guess who is not immune to Rube.lla? Me again.
I just tried to get the vaccine shot from my primary and as expected it's becoming a hassle. The nurse didn't want to take my word for it and insists on having the tests faxed over to them. The kicker is that the RE and my primary are in the same building and share the same lab. The nurse wanted to repeat the bloodwork until I pointed out that fact so she's settling for the faxed results. I'm hoping that I can get the shot in the next day or two because if I do then I might not have to sit out next cycle too.

I'm just feeling so defeated and frustrated today. I feel like the Universe is seriously f#$%ing with me.

4 comments:

Pepper said...

For eff's sake, what bug is up that nurse's bum? It's an MMR shot, not freakin' morphine or something. If you want it, then you should be able to get it, period. My GP gave me a whole series of vaccines, no questions asked.

BTW, you can always get one from your county health agency, but you'll have to wait in a long line and pay for it out of pocket.

So sorry about the thyroid results! Hopefully, it's something that doesn't need treatment or can be treated easily.

Big, big hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the crappy results Meg. That's a bummer. I'm thinking of you - hang in there!

Jess said...

What a freakin drag! I am like you and have to get repeated MMR boosters because every blood test tells me I'm no longer immune (what's up with that?). You will get there...I know the wait must suck, but you will get there. Hang in there and keep jumping over those hurdles!!!

Aunt Becky said...

I'm sorry, dude. I've dealt with my share of PinHeaded Nurses (that IS a clinical term) and it's so obnoxious. I wish I had any insider info as a nurse myself, but I just don't.

Good luck, my friend.