Sunday, December 14, 2008


My date with the wand wasn't that bad. Aunt Flo must have been napping because the horror show that I was dreading ended up being a no show. The u/s tech was nice enough but not too proactive with the info sharing. She didn't even give me a peak at the screen. I did manage to get her to tell me that I righty wasn't in the expected place a hard to see. She could only see 3 follicles. Lefty was more co-operative and she counted 7 on that side. I'm not loving those numbers but Dr. didn't send me over the edge so it's all good. I do still reserve the right to panic at a later date.

I spoke to the financial folks at the clinic and they hadn't checked my insurance yet so it took asking the same question 15 different ways to find out that an out of pocket IUI without monitoring would cost me $450. Is the extra $200 worth not having to worry about Mic? I'm leaning towards yes. Mic is an expensive date and I just don't want to risk the bad sitcom scenario that is begging to happen. I'll see how I feel about what the RE has to say on 12/23 before deciding.

I do have a new potential delay that I've been obsessing over. I had blood drawn and one of the things they are looking for is immunity to aka Meas.les. I forget and just remembered that when I started this doctor carnival 2 years ago I was supposed to get a shot but didn't want to do it and then have to put off TTC for 3 months. I got all distracted with the whole fibroid fiasco and forgot all about it. I'm going to be so annoyed if I have to get that darn shot and wait another 3 months. The new guideline is a 28 day wait but I'm not sure which timeline my RE uses. I also am feeling like I don't want the shot. There are very few cases of these days and the chance of me coming in to contact with it while pregnant are very slim. Hell, I'm feeling that my chances of getting pregnant are even slimmer. I know that if I don't get the shot and then by some fluke I end up pregnant and exposed to in the first 20 weeks I'll regret not doing it since it can cause all kinds of problems. Sigh, it's just always something. If I was doing this without medical assistance I wouldn't even know that I should get tested for half of this stuff until that positive pee stick was confirmed.

I was just really hoping that the waiting was over and that I could finally get moving this cycle. I wanted a shot at ending 2008 knocked up.


Pepper said...

Just an FYI about Mic: My RE's office always charged me a $50 "intake fee" for taking the shipment, putting Mic in their own cold storage, and returning the dewar to the bank. I only mention this because you're comparing prices. The convenience definitely was nice!

Best of luck! I hope everything works out.

meandbaby said...

Good luck Meg. I hope your visit on the 23rd goes well!