Getting tagged by Navigating the Rapids came at the perfect time because I've been looking for things to kickstart the writing over here.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
No pets. Growing up I had pet cats but they were more like the relatives you tolerated. I guess they were the cousin Olivers of the family.
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Sappy but I feel like my dream has already come true now that Mr. O is here.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
A billion dollars and not having to worry about money would be the bee's knees! The first thing I would do is take all of my nieces and nephews on a fun trip to see the Mouse. I would make sure my immediate family was taken care of and there would be lots of travel for me and the boy. Honestly though a billion dollars is too much money and I would love to use the majority of it to do some good. So many people need just a little bit of help to do great things.
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Lately it's a smooch, giggle or silly face from Mr. O.
5. What is your bedtime routine?
My routine is that I don't really have a routine. After dinner and clean up Mr. O plays with his toys until bedtime and then it's off to be we go. Sometimes there is a story but not every night. Once he's asleep I get some internet time.
6. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your significant other? If you aren’t, what have you tried in the past few years to meet someone?
My most significant relationship in the last few years was with a frozen vial of swimmers.
I've tried all the usual ways of meeting someone and it just hasn't worked out. Yet.
7. What kind of books do you read?
I used to read books all the time but now I spend most of my reading time online. I'm kind of a literature snob so if I do make time to read it's usually something you would find on an English class reading list.
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully spending some of that billion dollars! 10 years from now I hope to be the mother of two (three??!!) and that I've finally met my Mr. Right. I want a job that allows me lots of time at home and pays the bills.
9. What’s your fear?
That something will happen to me and I won't get to see my son grow up and have children of his own.
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
Um, no! What's so great about outerspace? However, I would give up junk food for a billion dollars.
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
We're still co-sleeping so the first thing is nurse the boy and hope that he will doze off for a few minutes. That hardly ever happens so we snuggle and talk about what we should do with our day. Ok, I talk he listens and tries to stick his fingers in my eye or up my nose.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be? Or, if you’re single - if you could choose a significant other who looked like anyone in the world, who would it be?
I would change the fact that he's invisible.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like my name just fine.
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
I would go with the rain. I like chilly sweater weather and being huddled up inside.
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Pizza is the perfect food
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I like the community that I've found through blogging. I get so much out of connecting with and hearing other SMC's stories. I like that I can look back at what I've written and realize how far I've come on my journey.
18. What items are in your purse right now?
I've never been a purse person. I used to just carry a wallet with money and credit cards. Now I have a backpack with my wallet and 20 lbs of baby gear. (diapers, wipes, extra clothes, cheerios, toys, etc)
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains where would you go?
Mountains. I'm not a big fan of sun and hot.
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
Shouldn't? How about what I'm almost ashamed to admit. Hoarders. I just don't understand that kind of crazy.
I'm not going to tag anyone in particular but consider yourself tagged if you want to be.