Thursday, August 26, 2010

1/2 Year

6 months already! I truly can't believe it's been 6 months since I first held mr. itty bitty baby O. We're now zooming our way towards him being a year old and I find myself trying to push the brakes and slow this growing up train down. I finally started sorting through his clothes and packing away the NB sizes that barely fit his head never mind his body. It was a little sad and I'm going to miss a few of those outfits.

6 months in and there a few things that I wish I could go back and do differently. Mostly I wish I had done a better job of capturing and recording those little moments.
Blog more! either here or somewhere. I had started out keeping track of O's days in a notebook so that I could transfer it to a baby book, blog or journal type thing later on. The first 3 months are well recorded but after that I started slacking.
More photos! I don't take enough pictures of the baby. I have lots but there have been some weeks that I don't take a single photo. The horror! I really try to just enjoy and really be in the moments but I need to do a better job of getting in some "cheese" too.

Monthly photos! When I was pregnant I thought a lot about the monthly baby photo. Heck I was even planning on doing a daily photo! Should it be in the same chair? Next to the same stuffed animal or other object? at the same time of day? and on and on. Once O arrived I was so overwhelmed and just never settled on what I wanted to do so it never happened. Starting with this month I'm going to do something like this:


Coming up this week: Mr. O's first taste of real food! I'm going to skip the cereals and give Baby Led Weaning (BLW) a try. I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Tiara said...

Happy 6 mth Birthday, O!!

I love your ideas for monthly photos...I've started a Belly Book already :)

Billy said...

Congratulatins for a half birthday :-)
I also thought of doing the monthly photo but now, well, too much bother..

I'm now trying to figure if I'd like her to start with cereals or with vegies (which is the norm here for when baby starts solids) [and yes, I know I have some time, but trying slowly to learn the subject]. Not sure what BLW is, so I'll be interested in hearing how it goes!

Heather said...

I'm *really* sad to see some of those tiny outfits packed away...so many memories when she was itty bitty! (But in all honesty, I'm thinking more and more about trying for #2, hopefully another girl, so I can see some of the teeny outfits worn again. Obviously not the only reason for a #2, but kind of a bonus anyway!)