Tuesday, December 1, 2009

27 down and 13 to go

27 weeks today and I can't believe how quickly time is flying!
I've finally had some relief from the nausea and throwing up- Woo HOO! I've been taking an acid reducer for the last 3 weeks and it has made all the difference. I even gained a few lbs for the first time at my dr appt. last week.

Baby prep is going a lot slower then I would like but I'm still so undecided on things like car seats, swings, bouncers and diapers. I want to use cloth but I have no idea how to start. I'll be sharing my room with the little one so I have to get my butt moving on clearing out some space. The crib will be here soon and I have some furniture to move around and cleaning to do. Fun stuff!

3 comments:

Chris and Penny said...

very exciting times ahead. and those last weeks are totally going to fly by, especially with the holidays coming up. as for the things you need to make decisions about, you'll figure it out. we used the graco snug ride for a carseat and went with disposable diapers because of the twin factor and we were moving into a house with no dryer! i sometimes wish i had gone with cloth, though. one thing i can say about swings is this: make sure you get one that swings both side to side and front to back. (they swivel to change which way they swing, as needed.) sometimes my kiddos liked one way and sometimes the other. it was a lifesaver to have a swing that did both! good luck!

Chris and Penny said...

oh, and we were very happy with the graco snugride car seat. it was easy to use, convenient for transfers from house to car while still in the seat, affordable, and rated highly for safety.

Heather said...

I hear ya, sister! :) I'll be 27 weeks on Saturday, and even though I've been getting more and more excited about what's to come, there's still so much I need to get done! I too have to do the carseat thing, plus I don't have a crib ordered yet, or a changing table, or... I feel pretty overwhelmed by the bigger purchases, but I need to get going. My next appt. is on Thursday, and I recently read that starting on week 28, a lot of OB's start to see their patients twice a month. We're getting close! I'm so glad your nausea is getting better--I'm sorry you've been dealing with that. Hang in there!!