Friday, April 3, 2009

Spark

I am for the moment pregnant. Unfortunately, that has to be quickly followed by the fact that the number was very low for 14dpo and the odds really aren't on my side. I know the likely outcome. I was napping when the nurse called to tell me the results and even though her words weren't very positive all my heart heard was hope. I've decided to embrace this little spark of hope because at this moment I'm pregnant. This spark of life exists. This is as close as I have ever gotten and it very well may be as close as I ever get. This little spark is my little spark.

Thank you for all the comments yesterday. They do help. Fat Chick- thank you for that link to the beta site. I spent some time reading their message boards and not all low betas end in disaster.

I went back and forth on whether or not I should tell anyone and in the end I decided that I did want someone else to know that my sparky existed. I wanted to be able to talk about it. I called my cousin first and she was so sweet. My sisters were next and that was comical. I live with one of them and the other is out of state. I had my sister come in my room as I called the other one on the phone so I could tell them at the same time. I explained my news and the sister on the phone said "I thought you weren't still doing that" "at least now you know you can get pregnant" the sister in front of me didn't believe me and kept saying I was a day late for jokes. I'm glad I called my cousin first. Once they got over their shock they managed to be more supportive.

2 comments:

Fat Chick said...

I am sooooo sending sticky baby dust your way so that Sparky the Zygote sticks around! I am really really really hoping for you!!! Stay positive, and grounded, and know that YOU ARE PREGNANT.

Fat Chick said...

Oops, my bad. Wikipedia tells me the correct terminology is Sparky the Blastocyst. Personally, I think Sparky the Zygote has a ring to it, I'm just sayin.