Thursday, June 23, 2011

30 Day Non-Challenge Day 18 - 21

30 day non-challenge day 18-21
Want to play along?


Day 18- How do you feel about astrology? What's your sign, baby, and do think it matches your personality?
I think it's fun to read my horoscope every once in awhile and I look at as entertainment (especially the Oni.ons horoscopes). When I was TTC I used to read my monthly horoscope hoping for some indication that this next cycle was going to be the one. I also have been known to buy a lottery ticket or two because it said I had a lucky money day. I'm a Gemini and I think that it sort of matches my personality but then again if I read another sign's by mistake I can find bits of myself in those too.

Day 19- How do you feel about PDA?
I'm ok with some hand holding and a quick smooch here and there but I'm not a big fan of groping and tonsil exams. If you wouldn't do it in front of your grandmother then please don't do it in the grocery store.

Day 20- What is the kindest thing someone has ever done for you? Did you repay the kindness?
Ooooh, good one! I'm happy to say that I'm having a hard time coming up with the kindest. I'm thinking about which one to choose and I'm finding that I originally ruled some out because the gesture came from people that you just expect to do things for you - like my mother. Mom is always just a phone call away if I need something. When I was pregnant I suffered from all day morning sickness and a few times it was so bad that one night that I called my mother in tears and she drove right over and took care of the clean-up and made me a buffet of bland foods to try and keep down. After Mr. O was born my mom stayed with us for a few weeks and made sure that the only thing I had to worry about was the baby. She cleaned the house, cooked for me and didn't make a big deal out of me crying over the silliest things. She was super respectful of making sure that I got plenty of bonding time with the baby even though I imagine it was tough for her not to swoop in and steal all the cuddles.

I'm a stickler for thank you notes when I receive a gift or if someone does something extra nice for me. I really try to pay forward any kindnesses that I receive. I could however do a better job of recognizing and paying back the folks closest to me because I often just assume that they know how I feel.

Day 21- What child(rens) names do you like that your partner hates and thus you could never use?
Luckily the upside to doing this on my own is that I didn't have to negotiate names!

1 comment:

Billy said...

So your are also a Gemini! Me and my daughter are also Gemini..