Friday, May 1, 2009

Spark's blanket

I gave up looking for a positive OPK last week and decided to just wait until next cycle.
I'm hoping that CD1 is just around the corner because I'm anxious to get back in the game.


I'm also a little bit glad for the extra not trying time because I'm hoping to finish the blanket I'm working on before my cycle starts. I started knitting a baby blanket during IUI #1 and lost a bunch of stitches a few inches in just as I got confirmation that I wasn't pregnant. I started the blanket over at the beginning of cycle #2 and it was while I was knitting it that I got my first hint that I was pregnant. I could actually feel the yarn brushing past my nipples through the sweatshirt that I was wearing as I knit each stitch. I would also lay my work in progress across my belly and ask the baby how she liked her blanket. This blanket belongs to my first spark of hope and someday her brother or sister will use it too. I have a few more rows to go before it's finished but here is a sneak peek


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats beautiful!! I wish I had a talent like knitting! The thought behind it is beautiful too. I can't wait for you to be able to use it one day for your rainbow baby.

xx

Fat Chick said...

What a great baby blanket! I am going to start working on baby items, too. I think it will help with the hoping...

Dora said...

Beautiful! I love the color!

Jo said...

Pretty! and soft. Very sweet.

Tanya said...

Very nice. I absolutely suck at knitting. I am working on a new _uilt for the "next" baby (sorry "cue" doesn't work). I need to get it done though... only because it's getting too hot to sit under.