I was excited about moving forward but instead another delay. ugh.
I met with the RE and I can't say I was too impressed. It was pretty clear that she didn't review my chart before I got there and spent most of the time reading the results of the tests I've had over the last year. She disagrees with my previous 3 gyns and wants to remove the fibroid before moving forward. So frustrating because surgery means that I wouldn't be able to start trying until August maybe July. Her hope is that removing the fibroid will open up the tubes and then I can try IUI's. We talked about my insurance coverage and even with my 18 months of old fashioned trying she said I would need to pay for the first 6 inseminations out of pocket. That doesn't seem right to me but I'll wait until we get to that point before challenging. Anyone have any experience in getting their insurance to kick in because you got credit for past trying? If the tubes stay blocked then it's off to IVFville for me and I'll be covered. I'm actually hoping that they will still be blocked so I can move right to IVF. That's twisted isn't it? I just don't want to waste anymore time so I would prefer going right for the hardcore methods.
I'm now waiting for my regular gyn to get back to me about scheduling the surgery. I've never had surgery before and I'm not looking forward to getting cut open. The only positive I'm finding in this whole thing is that since the fibroid is the size of a 20 week pregnancy I'm sure to lose inches and just maybe my favorite jeans will fit again.
13 hours ago